Aimable Twagilimana received his Ph.D. from the State University of New York at Buffalo (aka University at Buffalo) and joined the English Department at SUNY Buffalo State in September 1995. Dr. Twagilimana also has degrees from the National University of Rwanda (BA and MA), the University of Reading (Great Britain) (MA), and more recently School of Management at the University of Buffalo (Executive MBA). His teaching and research interests are in American literature, African American literature and theory, world literature (with focus on African Diaspora literatures), postcolonial literature and theory, genocide studies, ethnic studies (covering Rwanda, Burundi, and the Democratic Republic of Congo), and literatures of Continental Europe (focusing on France, Italy, and Germany). He was the 2008-2009 Chair of the Association of African Studies Programs (AASP) (http://aasp-us.org/). He directed the African and African American Studies Interdisciplinary Unit at SUNY Buffalo State from May 2006 to December 2012. He has received awards and scholarships from the Fulbright program, the British Council, and the National Endowment for the Humanities, among others. He has published several books and numerous encyclopedia entries and chapters in books. Following is a list of some of his publications:
• Historical Dictionary of Rwanda. Second edition. Lanham, M.D.: Scarecrow Press, forthcoming (end of 2014)
• Historical Dictionary of Rwanda. New/first edition. Lanham, M.D.: Scarecrow Press, 2007.
• The Debris of Ham: Ethnicity, Regionalism, and the 1994 Rwandan Genocide. Lanham, M. D.: University Press of America, 2003.
• Race and Gender in the Making of an African American Literary Tradition. New York: Routledge, 1997.
• The Heritage Library of African Peoples (series): HUTU AND TUTSI. New York: Rosen Publishing Group, 1998. Selected for the ACCELERATED READER PROGRAM.
• In Their Own Voices (series): Teenage Refugees from Rwanda Speak Out. New York: Rosen Publishing Group, 1997. Selected for the ACCELERATED READER PROGRAM.
• Manifold Annihilation (A Novel). New York and Orlando: Rivercross, 1996
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.